There is no doubt that the current situation is affecting all aspects of our lives- from telecommuting to outright quarantine. While practicing social distancing at such times, it is important to keep your immune system in top condition as well. A piping hot beverage can work wonders for your immunity, keep infections at bay and wash away fatigue- sip by sip. Here are three option that you can easily prepare at home from regular kitchen ingredients that you can easily find in your fridge or store cupboard
The Wonders Of Hot Water
Drinking hot water replenishes your body, improves digestion, relieves congestion, and even makes you feel more relaxed. Add a twist of lemon for a vitamin C boost, and you’re already on your way to better immunity. Your body and its essential function require water in adequate amounts. The internal temperature of your body is also raised with hot water, which is essential to getting rid of toxins and irritants that you’re exposed to in your environment.
A Time For Precaution And Safe-‘Tea’
Teas are high in antioxidants and improve muscle endurance. Ginger contains compounds that stimulate the immune system and here is a simple preparation that is quick and zesty:
- a) Peel an inch of fresh ginger root and grate into the teapot.
- b) Thinly slice half a lemon. Add the lemon slices into the teapot and make sure you wash the lemon well since the rind will steep with the tea.
- c) Add honey
- d) Use filtered water for the best quality ginger tea and allow it to get to a boil.
- e) Pour boiling water into the teapot, cover, and steep for 5 minutes.
- f) Strain the solids and pour hot tea into a teacup.
Warm, lovely, with a smooth taste and easy to digest, soups are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that your body needs. Here is a nutrient packed homemade recipe that is simple:
- a)For preparing this soup, you will need 80g dried red lentils, 2 quartered and diced carrots, 2 sliced celery sticks and 3 sliced leeks into a large pan with 2 tbsp tomato purée, 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder and 1 heaped tsp ground coriander.
- b)Pour over 1½ litres of boiling water from the kettle and stir well.
- c)Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- d)Ladle into bowls and eat straightaway. If you like a really thick texture, blitz a third of the soup with a hand blender.
Take a warming sip of these drinks and give your immune system a natural boost. These hot drinks will help your body mount its best defence against any bugs or infections.
We are a premium lifestyle brand dedicated to providing our esteemed clients with exquisite items of self-expression. Our edgy, risky, bold and impactful pieces help you make an unmistakable statement of refined taste. Our diverse offerings from jewellery to idols to cufflinks and beyond assures something for everyone. Each shazé creation has been hand-picked for its exclusivity, finesse, unparalleled craftsmanship and sophistication. With stores across India, we at shazé, are intent on providing memorable shopping experiences for all.